An overview of my first week plotting book 4 in my fantasy series.
This week’s best thing: Plotting! Perhaps my favorite part of the writing process.
- Michael Hauge character development – This article is what started it all for me in terms of understanding this method for creating inner conflict: http://blog.janicehardy.com/2012/08/the-inner-struggle-guides-for-using.html
- Plot vs. Character by Jeff Gerke – https://amzn.to/2JMZTX0
- Creating Character Arcs by KM Weiland – https://amzn.to/2LVOp6t
- The Negative Trait Thesaurus – with Reverse Character Backstory tool – https://amzn.to/2YJmyIj
- Dan Wells 7 Point Plot Structure – https://hunterswritings.com/2016/09/16/7-point-story-structure-resources/
- Save the Cat Beat Sheet – https://jamigold.com/2012/02/how-to-use-the-save-the-cat-beat-sheet/
- The Fifth Season by NK Jemisin – https://amzn.to/2EuRDrx