Peeling the layers back on character and plot as I prepare to fast draft next week. Also, The Matrix turns 20 this year and I wax philosophical on my Matrix tattoo.
This week’s best thing: New music from Sleater-Kinney! And video directed by Miranda July!
- Me and You and Everyone We Know – film by Miranda July
- No One Belongs Here More Than You – short story collection by Miranda July
- 20th anniversary of The Matrix – There is no spoon.
- Dramatica story theory – http://dramatica.com/
- Plot Outlining with Dramatica: https://www.how-to-write-a-book-now.com/plot-outline.html
- Enneagrams: The Psychology of Creating Characters: http://booklaurie.com/workshops_psych.php
- Guardian article – “Watched plots… Hilary Mantel and the writers under pressure from fans” https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/may/24/watched-plots-hilary-mantel-and-the-writers-under-pressure-from-fans